General Refund, Cancelation, & Reschedule Policy
We have a 15-day – post reservation – refund policy. If you cancel within 15 days of making your reservation you are eligible for a full refund, minus a $75 administration fee, and a processing fee of 2.5% of your original payment. The 15-day window will allow you time to check with your friends to see if they are able to commit to the dates you have chosen. If they are not, you can have your reservation refunded (minus the two fees), but it is your responsibility to contact Lost Wonder Hut for your refund prior to the close of the 15-day window.
If you wish to change the date of your reservation you are able to do so within the 15 days immediately following your booking. Each reschedule during this 15 days will be charged a $75 admin fee. Additionally, you must reschedule for a specific date within the same season, or else it will be considered a cancellation. If you wish to reschedule outside of the initial 15-day booking window, we will consider it a cancellation. However, if we are able to rebook your original dates with another party we will refund you half your original booking fee minus the 2.5% and $75 admin fee.
Does Lost Wonder Hut offer refunds for avalanche conditions?
- If avalanche conditions are reported by the CAIC to be “HIGH,” or “EXTREME” in the Sawatch for BELOW, NEAR, and ABOVE tree-line, on ALL ASPECTS, for the day of your reservation, then parties can cancel their reservation for that day for a full credit (minus the 2.5% and $75 admin fee) for a future trip at the Lost Wonder Hut to be used before the end of the current season.
Does Lost Wonder Hut offer refunds for cancelations due to COVID?
- If your cancelation is due to a COVID-based state or county-mandated closure of the Hut, or a restriction of group gathering size that is lower than the number in your party, we are offering a 100% refund.
- If your reservation is impacted due to a COVID-based state or county-mandated restriction of group gathering size, and you would like to keep your reservation but reduce the size of your group, we are offering a re-calculated rental fee of $75/person/night. (For example, if your group size is 4 people, it would be $300/night, rather than $395 for winter rentals).
- Click here for current COVID restrictions. The Lost Wonder Hut is in Chaffee County. Click here for a description of what the COVID level means.
- Any cancelation will be charged a booking fee of 2.5% and $75 admin fee.