Do you offer refunds for cancellations due to COVID?
- If your cancellation is due to COVID, but the cancellation is not required by the state or county, we are offering a 50% refund, or a 75% credit for a booking in the future.
- If your cancellation is due to a COVID-based state or county mandated closure of the Hut, or a restriction of group gathering size that is lower than the number in your party, we are offering a 100% refund.
- If you would like to reduce the size of your group to a small number due to COVID, but would still like to keep your reservation, we are offering a re-calculated rental fee of $50/person/night. (For example, if your group size is 4 people, it would be $200/night, rather than $350 for winter rentals).
Are dogs allowed at the Hut?
- Yes! You are welcome to bring your furry companions along to the Hut. We just ask that you are considerate to other guests by stomping out yellow snow, removing big messes directly outside the Hut (more a summer issue), and sweeping carefully when you leave the Hut.
What do I do if the trailhead parking is full when I arrive?
- You can choose to park down the highway at the old gas station/garage. The cost is $5/night/vehicle, and arrangements can be made to park here at Monarch Tours (the snowmobile rental).
How many people does the Hut sleep?
- 12 – 14 people. More people can stay at the Hut, for there are additional fees.
What’s the configuration of the bunks?
- You’ll find six beds in the main room upstairs, a double bed in each of two small private rooms off the main room with the ability to add an additional bed, one bed space in a loft above that main room, and two beds in the common room downstairs.
How long does it take to get to the Hut in the winter?
- If you are traveling on a broken trail, and you’re a faster group, it will take 2-3 hrs. Average group time is 3-4 hrs, slow groups will take 4-5 hrs. A fast person without a pack will take 1 hr.
Is water accessible all year long?
- Yes. Water is accessed about 100 yards down the trail from the Hut from a hose connected to a mountain spring up the mountain. This water flows all year (though snow may need to be shoveled aside in the winter to expose the end of the hose), and we provide water jugs in the Hut you can use to collect water for your stay.
What is the check-in and check-out time?
- Check-in time is 1:00, check-out time is 11:00.
Fires and wood availability at the Hut:
- Firewood is provided for all winter users for use in the wood stove. Summer users are asked to bring their own firewood.
- Please never leave an outdoor fire unattended.
Is the small cabin next to the Hut part of my rental?
- The small cabin by the Hut is private and not part of the rental of the the Lost Wonder Hut.